Friday, July 25, 2014

Roses and Gems

I am so excited to be almost finished with this quilt top! It was such a good challenge in so many ways and I couldn't be more pleased with the result.

It all started when this cheery diamond fabric caught my eye. I didn't buy anything to go with it, but decided to hold onto it until the perfect idea came along.





Between two different trips to the fabric store spread weeks apart, I somehow ended up with a beautiful pallet of reds, blues, and greys. I questioned some of the fabrics that didn't seem to match, but decided to go out on a limb and commit.




I chose the Boho Diamonds pattern by Katy Jones (from Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 2, pg 50) because the quilt pictured used many bright jewel tones, and I felt that the pattern would really display each fabric individually, as well as how all of the fabrics related to each other. Even though it's busy, I think it's perfectly acceptable!







I think this quilt would be wonderful in a nursery, or just as a light summery throw. I can't wait to quilt it and see it finished! 

I just can't get enough of these colors together. They just work so well. I also feel, while each print is very bold, that they all have similar themes that tie them together - birds, flowers, feathers, etc.




Even though I didn't make this quilt for myself, or anyone in particular, I totally adore it and I hope that it finds a home with someone who will love it as much as I do!

Check back soon for another quilt top that's in progress. 


Ta-ta for now!
LB

7 comments:

  1. I likthy our fabric choices and they work so well with the pattern you used. I think you're right - they're perfectly acceptable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Typo! Geesh.... I like your fabric .......

      Delete
    2. One of my favorite things is putting the fabrics together. I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. That is really lovely - you did well getting fabrics that gel together so beautifully - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Like I said, I wasn't sure at first but it was worth the risk :)

      Delete
  3. that's a good pattern for seeing the fabric pattern. I like the shades in your quilt too.
    Leeanna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I picked it! Most of the fabrics came from my stash, which means I REALLY loved them all. I wanted to showcase them all individually but still have a cohesive look!

      Delete