Friday, February 7, 2014

A Valentine's Finish and a Sneak Peak

Valentine's day is just around the corner! I'm so glad to be married to a wonderful man, and that he proposed before Valentine's day last year (overachiever).


Here are some bookmarks that I've made as V-day gifts for various friends and family. They are made with felt and embroidery thread. A very affordable and meaningful gift for a girl with lots of literary friends!


Also, here are a couple of my favorite early Valentines! My sweet sister sent JT and I an adorable card! :)


Although this isn't my Valentine's gift...my hubby did come home with a new vacuum this week!!!!! For those of you who read my earlier post, you know how happy I am! It stays plugged in, has a carpet setting, and is just one piece!!!!! Plus, no bag :) Unfortunately the floors are still ugly!


In other news, I used spray basting for the first time today and I loved it! I know many people have their opinions about it and I'm really not jumping on any bandwagons. But I was very impressed with how quick and easy it was. It does the job right, and the fumes really didn't bother me! All I did was open a couple windows and turn the heat down ;)


Some friends of ours got married in October and they used fabric squares as napkins. My mom then took the napkins, washed it thoroughly, and made a quilt of it! JT and I also did this for our wedding. She then handed it off to me to get hand quilted. Here's a sneak peek of Luke and Jacque's quilt, which I believe mom named "Sunset Through the Pines", because of the beautiful setting of the ceremony and reception.


1 comment:

  1. Your Valentine's bookmarks are adorable. I agree with you about spray basting - I LOVE it. I use 505 and it barely has fumes. I don't know why anyone would spend hours poking pins in when they could be done in 15 minutes and it works so well.

    ReplyDelete