Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Valentine...for Myself

Sometimes I get so caught up in making things for other people that I forget to make things for myself! I was out buying fabric for some specific projects and came across a print that had caught my eye more than once before.

I decided that it was time for me to finally make a tote bag as a gift...for myself!


I've made a few of these for friends and family. Each time I make one they look better and better! The best so far is probably the one I made for JT's Nana for Christmas :)


I loved this floral print, and the pink lining fabric seemed almost made for it! I used Pellon fusible web on every piece to make it sturdier. The "L" is just raw edge machine appliqué (using Pellon and a straight stitch).


Stop by again soon!

LB

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm always drawn to paisley fabric myself and the hot pink lining just sets it off perfectly. Isn't it nice to remember ourselves once in a while?

    ReplyDelete